28, April 2021
Russell's Pizza - Spencer Gulf Prawn Pizza
Emma and Gerard from Russell’s Pizza have shared with us one of their favourite (and most popular!) pizza toppings – Spencer Gulf Prawns. Grab a glass of McLaren Vale wine and you have the makings of the perfect wine and pizza night.
Russell’s Pizza – Spencer Gulf Prawn Pizza
Makes 1 pizza
- Make (or buy) your favourite fresh pizza dough
- 6 x whole raw Spencer gulf prawns, shelled and de-veined
- Organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 or 3 rainbow chard leaves blanched
- 1 banana capsicum, cut in half length-ways and de-seeded
- 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella
- Handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- Large handful of flat leaf parsley
- One clove of Myponga garlic
- Salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil
- Season prawns well with olive oil salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Finely chop parsley and garlic, add a good glug of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Mix well in a small ball to form paste/sauce.
- Lightly brush your pizza base with olive oil.
- Spread on crushed tomatoes (make sure to leave a couple of areas on your base to help with even cooking).
- Sprinkle on Parmesan, arrange rainbow chard and banana capsicums.
- Tear your ball of mozzarella and scatter about.
- Place prawns as desired.
- We cook ours in a very hot brick wood-fired oven for approximately 4 minutes.
- Rotate the pizza and turn prawns over halfway through.
- Once cooked place on board and drizzle over the parsley/garlic sauce.
Careful its hot! Enjoy!
Team Russell’s Pizza
Find the ingredients for this topping recipe at Willunga Farmers Market. Emma and Gerard use parsley and rainbow chard from Village Greens and garlic from Myponga Garlic.