Russell's Pizza - Spencer Gulf Prawn Pizza
Emma and Gerard from Russell’s Pizza have shared with us one of their favourite (and most popular!) pizza toppings – Spencer Gulf Prawns. Grab a glass of McLaren Vale wine and you have the makings of the perfect wine and pizza night.
Russell’s Pizza – Spencer Gulf Prawn Pizza
Makes 1 pizza
- Make (or buy) your favourite fresh pizza dough
- 6 x whole raw Spencer gulf prawns, shelled and deveined
- Organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 or 3 rainbow chard leaves blanched
- 1 banana capsicum, cut in half lengthways and deseeded
- 1 ball of buffalo mozzarella
- Handful of grated Parmesan cheese
- Large handful of flat leaf parsley
- One clove of Myponga garlic
- Salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil
- Season prawns well with olive oil salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Finely chop parsley and garlic, add a good glug of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Mix well in a small ball to form paste/sauce.
- Lightly brush your pizza base with olive oil.
Spread on crushed tomatoes (make sure to leave a couple of areas on your base to help with even cooking).
- Sprinkle on parmesan, arrange rainbow chard and banana capsicums.
- Tear your ball of mozzarella and scatter about.
- Place prawns as desired.
- We cook ours in a very hot brick wood-fired oven for approximately 4 minutes.
- Rotate the pizza and turn prawns over halfway through.
- Once cooked place on board and drizzle over the parsley/garlic sauce.
Find the ingredients for this topping recipe at Willunga Farmers Market. Emma and Gerard use parsley and rainbow chard from Village Greens and garlic from Myponga Garlic