The 2020 McLaren Vale Show tasted through more than 700 entries to crown the region's newest Bushing Monarch and award trophies to this year's Best Wines in Show!
Now it's time to taste your way through the winners and try your hand at judging the award winners like a pro. Grab a group of wine-loving friends and visit the below Producers to sample their best wines.
McLaren Vale Wine Show 2020 Trophy Winners
- Best Mediterranean White Wine - Serafino 2020 Bellissimo Fiano
- Best One Year Old Grenache - Chalk Hill Wines 2019 Alpha Crucis Old Vine Grenache
- Best One Year Old or Younger Shiraz - Shingleback 2019 Davey Estate Shiraz
- Best McLaren Vale Rosé - Mazi 2020 Grenache Rosé
- Best McLaren Vale White Wine - Serafino 2020 Bellissimo Fiano
- Best Two Year Old Shiraz - Shingleback 2018 The Gate Shiraz
- Best Two Year Old Grenache - Hedonist 2018 Grenache
- Best Grenache Predominant Blend - Bondar Wines 2019 Junto Grenache Shiraz Mourvedre
- Best Shiraz Predominant Blend - Shottesbrooke 2019 Engine Room Shiraz Tempranillo
- Best Bordeaux Varietals and Blends - Serafino 2018 BDX Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc Carmenere Merlot
- Best ‘Classic Australian’ Blend - Shingleback 2018 The Gate Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz
- Best Wine Label of Show - Silent Noise Wines 2020 FO Shiraz
- Best Mediterranean Variety - Mitolo 2019 Cinquecento Sangiovese
- Best Shiraz Three Years or Older - Shingleback 2017 Davey Estate Shiraz
- Most Successful Exhibitor - Shingleback
- Best Small Producer - Bondar Wines
- Best Single Vineyard Wine Any Style (other than Shiraz) - Serafino 2020 Bellissimo Fiano
- Best Single Vineyard Viticulturist - Paul Mathews
- Best Single Vineyard Shiraz - Shingleback 2019 Davey Estate Shiraz
- Best Grenache - Chalk Hill Wines 2019 Alpha Crucis Old Vine Grenache
- Best Shiraz - Shingleback 2019 Davey Estate Shiraz
- Best Cabernet Sauvignon - Serafino 2018 Black Label Cabernet Sauvignon
- Best Museum Wine - Wolf Blass Wines 2016 Grey Label Shiraz
- Best Icon Wine - Wirra Wirra The Angelus Cabernet Sauvignon 2017, 2013, 2010
- Wine Storyteller’s Trophy - Alpha Box and Dice 2018 Dead Winemakers Society Muscat
- Chairperson’s Trophy - Paxton 2019 Grenache
- Bushing Monarch (Best Wine in Show) - Chalk Hill Wines 2019 Alpha Crucis Old Vine Grenache
To view all entries and scores, you can download the results book here.
The McLaren Vale Grape Wine & Tourism Association acknowledges the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the Country where the McLaren Vale Region is situated today, and pays its respect to Elders past and present.