- 30 mls Settlers Rare Dry Gin
- 30 mls Settlers Maraschino Cherry Liqueur
- 30 mls Settlers Violette Liqueur
- Lemon Zest and a Cherry
- Gather the ingredients and pour into a Cocktail Shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well (until you can see frost on the outside of the shaker)
- Strain and pour into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with Lemon Zest and a Cherry
The aviation cocktail is a fantastic classic cocktail and features Settlers Violette Liqueur. This liqueur is made from and tastes like violets and gives the cocktail its beautiful colour. This floral mix is simple, and in true old-fashioned style, it requires just a few ingredients. The combination of gin, cherry, violets, and lemon offers a refined and fascinating flavour that is unique in the cocktail world.
The McLaren Vale Grape Wine & Tourism Association acknowledges the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the Country where the McLaren Vale Region is situated today, and pays its respect to Elders past and present.