Support local for festive stocking fillers this Christmas
It's been a difficult year for most Australian businesses, with the challenges of COVID-19 impacting trade and regional visitation during what would have otherwise been peak travel seasons for regions and tourism hot spots.
For 2020 Christmas gift giving, why not consider supporting local regional businesses and filling your stockings (and eskies) with artisan goodies bought directly from the makers themselves?
These feel good presents put a smile on the recipients face, and dollars back into a grateful local economy.
Ideas on how to support your local region this Christmas:
- Buy a gift voucher - restaurant, wine tasting, accommodation or experience
- Visit cellar doors (when we can do so safely) to purchase from the winery direct for Christmas stocking fillers
- Design your Christmas Day menu around seasonal, local produce available from the Farmers Market
- Drink locally made wines, beers and spirits
- Book your Christmas work lunch or festive drinks at a local venue
- Set the table with local flowers and handmade decor items
- Plan school holiday activities around local attractions and experiences