It's been a difficult year for most Australian businesses, with the challenges of COVID-19 impacting trade and regional visitation during what would have otherwise been peak travel seasons for regions and tourism hot spots.
For 2020 Christmas gift giving, why not consider supporting local regional businesses and filling your stockings (and eskies) with artisan goodies bought directly from the makers themselves?
These feel good presents put a smile on the recipients face, a swell of pride in the gifters chest and dollars back into a grateful local economy.
Ideas on how to support your local region this Christmas:
- Buy a gift voucher - restaurant, wine tasting, accommodation or experience
- Visit cellar doors (when we can do so safely) to purchase from the winery direct for Christmas stocking fillers
- Design your Christmas Day menu around seasonal, local produce available from the Farmers Market
- Drink locally made wines, beers and spirits
- Book your Christmas work lunch or festive drinks at a local venue
- Set the table with local flowers and handmade decor items
- Plan school holiday activities around local attractions and experiences
For a comprehensive list of McLaren Vale businesses and their trading details, please click here
The McLaren Vale Grape Wine & Tourism Association acknowledges the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the Country where the McLaren Vale Region is situated today, and pays its respect to Elders past and present.