Pan Fried Loin of Lamb with tomato, kalamata black olives, fetta & lemon
With thanks to Willunga Farmers Market and recipe by Cheong Liew
- 2 loin of lamb, Remove top flab off the loin and trim off excess fat
- 3 slightly under ripe tomato, diced.
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata black olives
- 150gms. Fetta cheese, cut into cm cube
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 60ml. White wine
- 2 clove chopped garlic
- 80gm shishito peppers
- 2 tablespoon chopped red skin shallots
- 1 brown onion slices
- Dried Greek oregano
- 30gm. Pinenuts
- 20gm. Butter cube
- 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
Marinades for lamb:
- Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Lea and Pearing Worcestershire sauces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 20 ml. dry white wine
Sliced marinade lamb into ½cm. Slices at an angle with a little fat left on the meat
In a large frying pan heat some olive oil until smoke seal the lamb slices lightly brown on both sides.
Add chopped shallots, onions sauté until soft
Add chopped garlic, lemon, pitted olives, shishito peppers and white wines
Turn the loin of lamb over add diced tomatoes, fetta cheese, butter cube, pine-nuts, and cooked in oven or grill for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from heat sprinkled with chopped parsley and crush dried Greek oregano on top before serving.