26, May 2022
The Currant Shed's Malva Pudding Recipe
Wayne Leeson, Head Chef at The Currant Shed has shared his recipe for Malva Pudding. Keep the cool winter weather at bay and indulge in this delicious gluten free dessert.
Malva Pudding (makes 12 portions)
- 180g caster sugar
- 20g butter
- 2 eggs
- 25g apricot jam
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 75g milk
- 150g gluten free plain flour
- 200g cream
- 100g butter
- 70g sugar
- 90g water
- 10g vanilla
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees celcius.
- Spray muffin tin with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl add cream, sugar, eggs and butter and mix until combined. Add jam and vinegar and mix further until all combined.
- Fold in baking powder, salt and gluten free flour. Then gradually mix in milk.
- Pour into tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- While baking pudding, place all sauce ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil then whisk until combined.
- Remove cake from the oven and pour over the sauce. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and toasted walnuts.