Hot Buffalo Wings
Hot wings are a favourite at the Old Bush Inn in Willunga and any attempts in the past to retire them from the menu have been met with swift objections by the locals. Chef Dennis Militante has kindly shared his recipe here, just in time for the weekend!
Old Bush Inn - Chef Dennis's Buffalo Wings
One of the keys to these wings is the use of an authentic sauce. Chef Dennis uses Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce. Available at Ellis Butchers in McLaren Vale and some groceries and specialty shops.
This recipe has been designed to work with the size of a typical at home fryer.
- 500g Chicken Wings (8-10 wings)
- 1/4 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1-2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1-2 tsp Italian Herbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Oil (per your fryer's instructions)
- Ranch Dressing for dipping
- Celery or Salad Greens
- Create coating by mixing flour, breadcrumbs, smoked paprika, herbs, salt and pepper. Toss chicken wings in flour and breadcrumb mix until well coated. Following the instructions of your deep fryer, heat oil, and fry wings for 10-12 minutes. (Time may vary based on your fryer).
- Drain well and sauce wings straight away, coating to your preference. We know some people love extra sauce!
- Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping, and celery sticks or side salad for cooling accompaniment.