29, July 2020
Fabian Lehmann's Maxwell Mead Poached Pears
Fabian Lehmann's latest creation - Maxwell Mead Poached Pears
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 750ml Spiced Mead
- 4 Corella pears
- 150ml Liqueur Mead
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toasted almonds
- Add spices and Liqueur Mead to the Spiced Mead and bring to the boil.
- Halve and core the pears and add into the spiced poaching liquid.
- Place a round sheet of baking paper on the surface of the mixture.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the pear is tender then turn the heat off and allow to sit for a further 5 -10 minutes in the syrup.
- Remove the pears and set aside.
- Increase the heat to high and boil the syrup uncovered until the syrup thickens to a honey-like consistency.
- Strain, then drizzle the syrup over the pears, serve immediately with vanilla ice cream and toasted almonds.