26, April 2022
Chocolate Raspberry Cake with Oliver's Taranga ‘Chica’ Mencia Rosé
- 130g of almond meal
- 5 eggs, separated
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 150g butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- ¼ cup cocoa powder for dusting
- Raspberries, dark chocolate shavings & cream to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan forced. Grease and line a 22cm round cake tin with baking paper
- Stir the chocolate and butter in large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until melted. Remove pan from heat; stir in sugar, almond meal and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites in a clean small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Allow cake to cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm with Raspberries, Chocolate shavings and cream.
This cake pairs perfectly with the Oliver's Taranga 2021 ‘Chica’ Mencia Rosé – this delicate wine is the perfect match and somehow makes it taste even prettier. The perfect dessert to share with family on Mother's Day.