Chef Tom Boden's Christmas Turkey Roll
Chef Tom Boden from Harry's Deli at Wirra Wirra has provided a mouth-watering main course recipe perfect for family dinner celebrations during the upcoming Christmas holidays!
- 4 turkey breasts, weighing about 200g each
- 8 slices of prosciutto ham
- 100g of spinach 10g of butter
- 1 dash of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C/gas mark 4.
- Roll out a large piece of cling film on the work surface and place 2 pieces of prosciutto ham next to each other, slightly overlapping by about 1 cm.
- Butterfly each turkey breast by cutting horizontally through the middle of the breast and open outwards. Season with salt and beat it with a mallet until it reaches a thickness of 1cm. Lay out on top of the prosciutto ham.
- Place the butter and olive oil in a hot pan and as it begins to sizzle, add the spinach to wilt. Season well with salt. Remove the spinach and drain on kitchen paper. Divide the spinach into four portions, take one portion and arrange it in the centre of the turkey, running the length of the breast.
- Roll the turkey up in the cling film to make a tight cylinder shape. Twist the ends tightly and, using two strips of cling film, tie off the ends. When all is secure and firm wrap in tin foil. Repeat 3 more times so you end up with 4 individual turkey rolls.
- Place the turkey rolls in a deep oven tray with enough water to be half way up the turkey. Cover with tin foil, place in the oven and cook till core temperature is 75˚C for about 30-45 minutes. Remove and allow to rest before serving.
Green Goddess Dressing Recipe by Neha from WhiskAffair.com
- ½ cup egg mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil (packed)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup spring onion greens (chopped)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- salt & black pepper
- Add all the ingredients except lemon juice in a blender and blend to make a smooth puree.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Store in a glass jar in refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Serve with Wirra Wirra Amator Nouveau, slightly chilled, cos lettuce salad & green goddess dressing with your favourite crispy roast potatoes and sliced turkey roll straight from the oven.