Bracegirdle's House of Fine Chocolate is renowned for chocolate craftsmanship. This decadent Brownie recipe is a firm favourite with visitors to the McLaren Vale Bracegirdle's store. Why not try making it yourself at home.
Bracegirdle’s Brownie (GF)
[Recipe makes 12 generous serves]
- 375g butter
- 375g sugar
- 412g Bracegirdle’s Dark Chocolate buttons (couverture chocolate)
- 6 eggs (whisked)
- 280g almond meal
- Pre heat the oven to 175C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt the butter over a medium heat then slowly whisk in the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Take off the heat and slowly stir in Bracegirdle’s dark chocolate buttons.
- Whisk in the eggs, and then stir through the almond meal until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray and bake for 70-80 mins, rotating half way through.
- Chill for 3 hours before portioning.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and dollop cream. For an extra bit of indulgence, melt some Bracegirdle’s milk chocolate buttons (also couverture chocolate) and drizzle over the brownie.
Enjoy and don't forget to visit Bracegirdle's to purchase your Easter chocolate.
The McLaren Vale Grape Wine & Tourism Association acknowledges the Kaurna people as the Traditional Owners of the Country where the McLaren Vale Region is situated today, and pays its respect to Elders past and present.