27, September 2021
With winter behind us, it’s time to head outdoors for some fresh air and adventure! We have five suggestions of things to do in McLaren Vale, guaranteed to put a spring in your step!
- Book a scenic flight with Helivista. Take a run over the hills and along the coast and breathe in the magnificent views of our stunning coastline. You might even spot the Star of Greece shipwreck off the beach at Port Willunga.
- Soar with Adelaide Biplanes in one of their iconic flying experiences. Choose from the romance of a big, classic, open cockpit Waco biplane flight, or the whistle of the wind in the wires of the 1940 Tiger Moth. If you are a thrill seeker, the extreme open cockpit Great Lakes biplane aerobatic trip offers a totally unique, adrenalin-pumping experience, that literally puts all of your senses on overload.
- For experiences closer to the ground, check out Earth Adventures. Abseil or rock climb in the Onkaparinga Gorge, with cliff faces up to 30 metres high, or test your strength on the high ropes course at Blewitt Springs. All experiences are fully guided with all equipment provided and transfers available from Adelaide to McLaren Vale.
- Food and wine lovers - book a tour with one of our local guides and let them do all the driving. Be treated to ‘behind the scenes’ tastings, and indulge in some of the finest food experiences. Relax and enjoy the region in style with Chook’s Little Winery Tours, My McLaren Vale, Integrity Tours, Ambler Tours and Adelaide’s Top Food and Wine Tours.
- Head to Port Willunga beach and let the crew from SUP Down South take you out on the water for a stand up paddle board, or some SUP yoga. Stretch the legs with a walk around Gulls Rock and along the cliff tops to Maslins Beach and back, and finish at the Port Willunga Kiosk to refuel.
Which McLaren Vale adventure will you choose?